Last SSDD was in 2010

Please visit www.SDCC.info, the Shore Drive Community Coalition website.

SSDD2010 July 17th

Thanks to everyone who participated.

With your help, we've made sharing Shore Drive a little safer.

+ blog starts below +

9.16.2009

Teach kids about bike safety, please!

From Cape Story Neighborhood Watch:
"Dear Neighborhood Watch,
I understand that our children really need a place to play and ride their bikes. However I am very worried that we may have a repeat bike accident as we had on Beech about a year ago. I need for everyone to know that there are some very young children about ages 4-7 riding their bikes in an unsafe way without supervision on Beech St. On Saturday one of these children about age 4 or 5 years old steered their bike in front of my moving car. I had to slam on the brakes. Then he stayed there daring me to move forward. I am really very worried that someone else may not see them or stop. So parents would you please watch your very young children when they are out on the street and give them instruction on bike riding safety? I am sure we can work together to make this a safer neighborhood for everyone.
Thanks, A concerned resident."